About Me

My photo
I am a graduate student with a bachelors degree in Environmental Humanities from Unity College in Unity, ME. I have a passion for writing and arts and crafts.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

What Entertainment

This is a flash fiction piece that I had to do this semester for a creative writing class. I received a B as a final grade with some comments for improvement.


“I just wanted to thank you for coming out to dinner with me Hannah.”

“No problem, I’m glad I dialed the wrong number; you have a very nice voice.”

Jay shrugged, “Well, ya know. I get that a lot.”

“Oh?”Hannah cocked an eyebrow at him.

“Yeah, I um…” Jay’s phone went off. “Hold that thought please” he mumbled as he got up to answer his phone. As Jay walked outside, Hannah could hear the tone in his voice change from polite to charming and downright sexy. The gravel underneath the heavy bass of his words was so engaging Hannah tiptoed behind him outside the restaurant.

“How do you like it baby girl?” Jay whispered seductively, “Cuz I like it hot and slow…” Hannah gasped and slapped a hand over mouth. Jay heard and spun to stare at her as he kept murmuring into the phone. Hannah continued to stare at him with wide eyes until the point that her knees were weak and she heard a loud satisfied moan come over the speaker.

Jay hung up the phone and smiled at her with liquid violet eyes. “I have to make some extra money for some old hospital bills” he stated matter-of-factly.

Hannah gazed at him. “Do you do live performances too?”

Jay’s jaw dropped “Y-yes.”

“Lets go.” Hannah began to sashay down the street, “oh, and I want your phone number.”

No comments: